TEC.DE EXP.ORAL EN INGLES DE TEM.INF.Y CONVER.EN EL ENT.PROF
Previous Steps _______________
- Identifying the audience
- Identifying the objetive
What? - Identifying the topic
Identifying the audience
· Who are they?
- managers? colleages? users? do they know more/less than I about the topic?
· Which is their motivation
· Can they become hostile
· Which is their previous knowledge about the talk topic?
· What do they specifically need to know?
· How are they going to use this information later?
· Wich type of meeting are we going to hold: the only one, part of a series...?
Identifying the objetive
Why are we going to have this presentation?
· To inform? · To persuade? · To illustrate? (give examples about sth.) · To inspire? · To convince? (for ex. ask for another budget...) · To dissuade? All this is going to change the way we speak: verbs, vocabulary...
Identifying the topic
What am I going to talk about?
Wich is my knowledge about it?
What is my interest in talking about it?
Pick what is important from each area of knowledge (balloons)
Decide the TYPE OF TALK:
- Dissemination (spread information...) - Teaching - Research - Technical-professional
Should I write?
Yes! To talk, you have to write.
The writing process
Designing Producing Revising Correcting Printing
- The document